National League of American Pen Women–Denver Branch
June, 7 2014
- Diane Chambers called the meeting to order at 11:01 AM.
- Members in attendance were: Andrea Antico, Sophia Baldwin, Eleanor Binnings, Diane Chambers, Beverly Chico, Donna Clark, Kelly Ann Compton, Virginia Daily, Florence Elliott, Jody Hinrichs, Patricia Kennedy, Marie Kriss, Nancy Peterson, Juanita Pope, Virginia Small, Kay Taylor, and Sheila Wright.
- Guests in attendance were: Lorraine Walker Williams and Gail Nelson.
- Members and guests gave short introductions of themselves.
- Juanita Pope read Maya Angelou quote for the Inspirational Reading.
- The May Minutes were approved as written.
- The May Treasurer’s Report was accepted. Our current balance is $2,732.13.
- Committee Reports:
- The Blog Project: Jody commented “WOW” on the blogs that have been published so far. Nine entries were made in [April and] May. Virginia reminded everyone that while the comment section is a bit awkward, it works within the confines of what we can do at this time. The topic for June/July is “Mistakes.” [Friendly correction: April added in sentence above.]
- Website: Each Denver Branch Pen Women member has a web page on our website. Virginia will gladly post a bio, pictures and other information on each members page. Virginia encouraged members to use the website to advertise themselves.
- Membership, Auditor, Budget: See paragraph after meeting adjournment.
- Tapestry for Peace: Sue Luxa intends to contact Bemis Library to see if they are interested in giving the tapestry a home. Kriss will be contacting Jami Tate, the NLAPW Art Chair.
- Programs: Members and guests completed a questionnaire on topics they would like addressed in future programs.
- Outreach Projects: Members were reminded to go to the Festival Network Online website and look for fairs in which we could take part.
- Old Business: None
- New Business: Andrea shared information about TableScapes, a fundraiser held by the Assistance League of Denver held annually on the first weekend of June. She put forth the idea that our branch might want to participate in it next year. The event is a tea where various groups decorate tables.
- Announcements: We will be meeting at the Eloise May library in July and August. On July 15, Andrea, and anyone interested in helping, will get online to reserve rooms at the library for fall. Please contact Andrea for more information if you are interested in helping out.
[Addendum: The July meeting has been moved to the library at Regis University. Please see the July calendar on this site and/or contact the branch for driving directions.]
- The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
Following the business meeting, Kriss gave an update on the current budget. We then enjoyed a lovely potluck lunch and held a discussion of what programs we would like to have this coming year. Thank you, Sophia, for sharing your home with us!
Kelly Ann Compton, Secretary